Mold Maintenance Technician APPLY NOW
Maintains plastic injection molds in an efficient manner to ensure that they are in sufficient working order to produce proper products. Modifies designs of molds to produce product desired.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Consults blueprints to maintain molds according to specifications by machining, welding and polishing molds and sends those needing major repairs to vendor for service.
· Repairs mold heaters.
· Works with hydraulic cylinders.
· Routes water lines for mold cooling.
· Prepares molds for shipping and receives new molds.
· Performs electrical troubleshooting.
· Performs troubleshooting and repairs of molds
· Performs inventory tracking of molds and parts used.
· Keeps mold repairs within reasonable time limits by determining when use of outside firm is needed.
· Manages the projects when molds must be sent to outside firms for repairs.
· Maintains flash levels below a rate of 20%.
Required Education and Experience:
- Completion of 2 years of technical school training or 5 years of equivalent experience in a related field such as tool and/or dye making.
- Basic knowledge of the metric system.
- Blueprints and schematics
- Basic math and Algebra