Yield: 4-5 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 3-4 lb whole roasting chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Combine seasoning in a small bowl and then combine with olive oil to make a spread. Add a touch more oil if needed.
- Remove giblets from inside chicken if they are present.
- Pat chicken dry and then rub all over with spice mixture.
- Spray the baking pan with non-stick spray and place chicken on top breast side down.
- Place the function knob on “air fry” and the temperature just over 350°F.
- Air fry for 30 minutes and then turn chicken over.
- Air fry for another 20-25 minutes until thighs measure 165°F. Air fry for an extra 5 minutes at a time if needed.
- Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Notes: Check the baking tray during cooking to make sure it’s not filling too high with juices. Drain a bit with a baster if needed.