In July, we hosted our big IRIS Air Fryer Convection Oven Giveaway… and it was a major success! We had over 1,100 participants tell us what they would like to make using our air fryer, and they all sounded delicious 😋
We loved it so much that we went and picked the top 3 most popular food items from the comments with some honorable mentions. We also have a recipe for you to try on your own!
Pizza, Pizza, and more Pizzas! From plain cheese pizzas to delicious Keto Zuccini Pizzas, who knew pizzas were so versatile? (Like our Air Fryer 😉)
“I would use it for everything, but my favorite would be for homemade pizza” – Clara, AL
Say good-bye to frozen pizza 😎 For our recipe, we went with the Easy, Vegetarian-Friendly Air Fryer Margherita Pizza! (Recipe Inspired by Sarah Bond)
Total Time: 12 minutes
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Pizza dough (1 12-inch dough will make 2 personal sized pizzas)
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Optional toppings to finish: fresh basil, parmesan cheese, pepper flakes
- Prep: Preheat air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Spray air fryer basket well with oil. Pat mozzarella dry with paper towels (to prevent a soggy pizza).
- Assemble: Roll out pizza dough to the size of your air fryer basket (If you want to make your own dough from scratch, follow this link). Carefully transfer it to the air fryer, then brush lightly with a teaspoon or so of olive oil. Spoon on a light layer of tomato sauce and sprinkle with chunks of buffalo mozzarella.
- Bake: For about 7 minutes until crust is crispy and cheese has melted. Optionally top with basil, grated parmesan, and pepper flakes just before serving.
#2 French Fries
Did you know that despite the name, French Fries are not from France, but Belgium? There are many ways to make fries: From Sweet Potato Fries to Zucchini fries (We love Zucchinis, can you tell?)
“Sweet potato fries!” –Lauryn
“I love air frying! So much better than greasy fingers any day. Perfect for cabins.” –Jason
For our recipe, we will stick with the classics! (Recipe inspired by Food Network)
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium russet potato (about 6 ounces), unpeeled
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Prep: Preheat an air fryer to 380 degrees F and spray the basket with nonstick spray.
- Assemble: Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then into 1/4-inch slices. Cut the slices into 1/4-inch sticks. Put the fries in a medium bowl and rinse them well with cold water, then drain and pat dry with paper towels. Toss the fries with the oil in a medium bowl, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper.
- Bake: Working in batches if necessary, put the fries in an even layer in the air fryer basket with no overlapping and cook, turning them halfway through, until golden brown and crisp, 14 to 16 minutes. Remove and season with salt.
Before we get into our #1 most popular Air Fryer dish, we want to give a shout out to some that wasn’t as popular but you should still give a try!
“I would warm up and cook everything… hot pockets, chimichanga, pochigae, crispy rice, toast, waffles, everything.” –Keani
It will never be as good as the way grandma makes them [grandma] but you can never go wrong with a cookie!
Follow this link for our favorite Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe
Did you know that Samosa’s were originally named Samsa, after the pyramid in Central Asia? Try these healthy snacks at home.
Yeah you heard that right, the OG Steak in an air fryer. Is nothing impossible with IRIS Air Fryers?
Here is our favorite Air Fryer Steak Recipe
And now, for the number 1 most popular Air Fryer Food item from our giveaway…
#1 Chicken Wings
Behold. The Air Fryer Royalty, Chicken Wings. Healtier, Crispier, and Delisious-er. It’s an air fryer must-try! (Recipe inspired by: Allyson from Domestic Super Hero)
“I have just started to meal prep. We have homemade keto chicken nugget recipe that would be marvelous in this IRIS air fryer!” –Stephen
“Love this oven. I love to cook, and my favorite would be all kind of chicken dishes. But using the oven with heat and stove is harsh on my skin, as I suffer from face Rosacea; can’t take the heat. This would be an amazing tool for me, thanks for a great giveaway!” –Anonymous
“Chicken wings all day, would be heaven in this air fryer” –Julie
Total Time: 21 minutes
- 2 lbs chicken wings (drums and flats) (defrosted if frozen)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prep: Prep the chicken wings. If full wings, separate them into drums and flats. Make sure they are defrosted. Pat them dry completely dry (this will help them get crispy). Preheat the Air Fryer at 400 F degrees for 2 minutes.
- Assemble: Place the wings into a bowl and drizzle olive oil over them. Toss to coat. Add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to completely coat the wings.
- Bake: Add wings in a single layer to the air fryer (they should NOT be touching), and cook for 10 minutes at 400 F degrees.
- Bake More: After the timer goes off, open and carefully flip over the chicken wings. Cook for 8 more minutes. Remove the chicken wings and serve.