Project Specialist - Information Technology APPLY NOW
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Reports To: Project Management Office (PMO) – Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Coordinates, supervises, conceptualizes, designs, implements, tests, documents, and supports new and existing software and systems. Takes an active role in problem solving by meeting with intradepartmental and interdepartmental employees at all levels to better integrate the use of IT resources for the Company. Shares and collaborates with other members of the IT department. Responsible for facilitating projects on behalf of the IT PMO Manager, especially on priority projects as directed by the IT PMO Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with the coordination, prioritization, completion, and implementation of projects originating from multiple sources including the IT department teams (Operations and Development) and other Company departments.
- Promote best business practices including ITIL, COE (Center of Excellence), KGI (Key Goal Indicators), KSF (Key Success Factors), KPI (Key Performance Indicators), and Action Plans using SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-based).
- Utilize global and international standards, methodologies and techniques including PMBOK, PRINCE2, PMP, Gartner Magic Quadrant, and RASIC.
- Assist with the improvement, standardization, and implementation of project management principles and tools including project support, coordination, communication, meeting scheduling, and documentation including meeting minutes.
- Assist in the analysis, design, implementation, documentation, testing, and support of software applications, client-server systems, and databases supporting business operations.
- Research, review, and codify business and user practices for the purpose of developing systems to support those practices; soliciting and recording user input on both daily practices and business requirements to meet development and business needs.
- Monitor and recommend business and user practices to make policy and procedural recommendations regarding the use of systems designed to support those practices.
- Assist in the coordination of department tasks and projects and with training and mentoring of team members through projects.
- Assist with the planning and performance of systems analysis, software configuration, and training of employees on Company systems.
- Provide technical support for projects for which this position is responsible, or for which this position has played a role in the implementation.
- Effectively communicate verbally, visually, and in writing with all stakeholders and cross-departmental teams.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or business-related field or equivalent experience; and,
- Two (2) years or more experience in project/task management or equivalent experience; and,
- Bilingual in English and Japanese.
- Project Management and Software Development methods such as Agile or Scrum. Documentation and Presentation practices and principles.
- IT Service Management (ITIL V4)
- Microsoft Office, Documentation, Diagramming/Graphing, and Project/Task Management applications.
- Company facility, department, management, and employee organizational roles and responsibilities.
- Use of computer hardware to include computer, keyboard, and mouse.
- Use of computer software to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- General Business/Mathematics Skills, Analyzing Information, Problem Solving, Project Management, Documentation, and Testing Fundamentals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms and perform repetitive tasks. The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and infrequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. The employee may regularly be required to perform forceful use of hands, wrist and forearms. Employee's vision must be correctable to 20/20 depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, nontoxic plastic odor, moderate noise, and seasonal uncontrolled heat or cold. You may find a Job Posting Response Form on the IRIS Intranet or obtain one from Human Resources if you wish to apply. All Job Posting Response Forms are due to Human Resources on or before the above due date.
2023-11-03|||Surprise, AZ|||Information Technology ||||||roBe2ap4dTfvMzvD|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||