Programmer APPLY NOW
The Programmer conceptualizes, designs, implements, tests, documents, and supports new and existing software or systems. Takes an active role in problem-solving by meeting with employees at all levels to better integrate the use of IS resources into the company. Shares and collaborates with other members of the IS department.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Participates in operational projects; performs programming and scripting utilizing 1 or more of the following programming languages and SQL; VBA, Java, VB script
· Assist in coordination of development tasks and projects
· Assists in planning and systems analysis, software configuration and training of employees on Company systems
· Analyzes designs, implements, documents, tests, and supports software applications, client-server systems, and databases supporting business operations.
· Researches, reviews, and codifies business and user practices for the purpose of developing systems to support those practices; soliciting and recording user input on both daily practices and business requirements to meet development and business needs.
· Monitors and recommends business and user practices to make policy and procedural recommendations regarding the use of systems designed to support those practices.
· Provides technical support for systems for which this position is responsible, or for which this position has played a role in the development.
· Oversees and implements all aspects of the EDI system from the implementation of new customers through the maintenance of existing customers. This position is required to research the most up to date applications for cost effectiveness and make changes when necessary.
· Creates and maintains the labels printed in-house for products, using label development software; manages the system-wide distribution of labels; does technical support for the label printing software.
· Some network and desktop support is required.
· Other duties as required
· Bachelor’s degree in a computer or business related field or equivalent experience
· 5 years of experience in software development with programs interacting with SQL databases.
· SQL, Visual Basic, Java, JSTL
· Microsoft Office Applications
· General Programming skills, Analyzing Information , Problem Solving, Software Algorithm Design, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing
· Use excellent oral and written communication
· Give clear and precise presentations
· Exhibit strong interpersonal skills
· Multi-task and support multiple priorities at one time
· Exercise independent motivation
· Occasional travel with sometimes overnight stays
|||Surprise, AZ|||Information Systems||||||RJ~yCwXZ0XzzPQ-e|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false