Product Sourcing Specialist APPLY NOW
Develops new items by identifying, researching and sourcing potential products to meet consumer demand.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis in order to launch new products in collaboration with IRIS global group
- Research and take initiative in understanding consumer needs and applying broad product specifications accordingly
- Conduct competitive cost and pricing analysis in service of business needs while developing new products to introduce in the North America marketplace
- Manage prototype samples and ensure type and quality meet all standards during product development process
- Identify issues and offer appropriate solutions at the development stage to ensure a high level of execution
- Achieve effective results working with IRIS global group and domestic production team
- Manage assigned project tasks related to material sourcing and price reconciliation and be prepared to present to management
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a variety of people internally and externally to accomplish Company’s goals and objectives
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- Multicultural business customs, primarily in Japan
- International business relations
- Use of computer hardware: keyboard, mouse, monitor, hard rive
- Use of computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Apply research, development, supply chain, and logistics processes
- Skilled in professional business communication, project management, cross-functional collaboration, data analysis
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written
- Exhibit courteous and respectful demeanor towards all company personnel in words and action
- Exhibit a cooperative, solution-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Build teamwork and resolve conflicts
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Multi-task under strict deadlines while having multiple priorities at one time
- Exhibit positive attitude and openness to learning
- Effectively communicate and work in a cross-cultural environment
- Demonstrate bicultural management, use of stringent systems to manage suppliers
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Present data and information in a variety of methods
- Continuously challenge oneself and others to improve better operating practices
- Act with urgency
- Prepare reports using a variety of methods from multiple sources of data
- Review data and ensuring accuracy and timeliness and relevancy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light work: Activities will involve frequent sitting, using a computer, analyzing large amounts of data, communicating verbally and in writing. Exerting 20-50 pounds frequently, and up to 10 pounds constantly. Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, and hand and eye movement. Move and operate presentation equipment. Travel to and from meetings and various locations inside and outside the building.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is frequently within an office setting with low to moderate noise, LED lighting, and temperature control while working alongside large groups of employees in cubicle spaces. Incumbents will attend various business meetings and events inside and outside of the buildings, and may be required to travel overnight or out-of-town for work. Occasional exposure to the manufacturing and distribution plant consisting of moving mechanical parts or heavy machinery, vibrations, fumes, unpleasant odors, dust, poor ventilation, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, and moderate to loud noise while in the plant or traveling for work. Work during evenings and weekends as needed.
|||Surprise, AZ|||Global Sourcing||||||Z~D1VXnd0k_vZi8L|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false