Process Engineer I APPLY NOW
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and plastic injection molding machines. Performs maintenance and repair of plastic injection molding machinery, paying special attention to controls, hydraulics, mold closings, conveyor systems and robotics. Sets and adjusts molds. Work includes adjustment and optimization of injection molding cycle, coordinating and rectifying problems, and adjusting, setting and installing heaters, dryers, conveyor belts, robots, anti-static devices and mold-cooling equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Observes mechanical devices in operation to detect and analyze imperfections, maintains parts, and adjusts and/or repairs functional parts of devices and control instruments.
· Performs color changes and the cleaning and replacement of ejector nozzles.
· Performs mold changes and adjustments and accurately completes mold change reports, troubleshooting reports and mold condition reports.
· Performs complete shut-down and start-up activities of machinery as needed, sets heat temperatures on the TGK or Spear control units and sets the mold conditions for the process.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
· Set up and adjust robots and other equipment to include existing automation lines.
· Enter results of each mold change in system
Required Education and Experience:
· Two-year technical school graduate or 2 years of equivalent experience in the field.
· The metric system
· Basic electrical knowledge
· Basic injection molding theory knowledge.
· Basic Algebra
· Good oral, written and presentation skills, including documenting and developing good system tools.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
· Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees
· Read blueprints and schematics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms, and perform repetitive tasks. The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and infrequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. The employee may regularly be required to perform forceful use of hands, wrist and forearms. Employee's vision must be correctable to 20/20 depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, nontoxic plastic odor, moderate noise, and seasonal uncontrolled heat or cold.
|||Hazel Township, PA|||Production||||||DesxBifHCmPAjc95|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false