Machine Assistant Lead APPLY NOW
Under the direction of the shift manager supervises and coordinates production activities on a given line or group of machines. Maintains machines and materials for the machines to produce quality parts in accordance to the specification requirements. Responsible for all equipment and production personnel working in their assigned area.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Have knowledge of and comply with all company policies. Interprets and follows proper procedure when it comes to enforcement.
· Have knowledge of company standard operating procedures necessary for the position. Complies with and ensures that standard operating procedures are followed on a daily basis.
· Have knowledge of 5S principles. Interprets, implements and delegates 5S responsibilities to maintain good housekeeping measures.
· Supports and carries out instructions from the shift manager.
· Supervises, trains and delegates responsibilities to production personnel to ensure the continued operation of the production process.
· Maintains, monitors, trouble shoots and repairs molding or ergonomic equipment to maximize production uptime. Communicates with appropriate personnel when major repairs are necessary.
· Communicates and works with other shifts to provide for efficient handover of operations.
· Performs color changes, item changes, start-ups, shutdowns and ensures that all machines are set up in conjunction with the production schedule.
· Attends required meetings.
· Perform quality checks in assigned area in order to meet production and quality standards.
· Communicates relevant information with other production and quality personnel to maximize efficient operation of the process and equipment.
· Practices and enforces safe work practices.
· Courteous, cooperative and respectful demeanor towards all company personnel in words and actions.
· Assembles boxes, pallets, label, etc. to receive finished goods.
· Stacks or loads boxes or cases onto pallets
· Ability to read and understand the company production schedule.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supervises, trains, and delegates responsibilities to Production personnel to ensure the continued operation of the molding and assembly equipment.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years hands on experience in a manufacturing/injection molding environment.
- Good communication and leadership skills with 1-year supervisory experience preferred.
- Good English communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms, and perform repetitive tasks. The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Employee's vision must be correctable to 20/20 depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, nontoxic plastic odor, oils and lubricants, moderate noise, and seasonal uncontrolled heat or cold.
A 24 hour/7-day/week operation with a multi-cultural, team oriented work force: Exposed to moderate to high noise level. Activities will involve long hours of standing, within high paced production areas.
The manager and employee believe based on the individual training, observation of work requirements, responsibilities and skills that the employee is competent to perform the tasks required of this position.
|||Hazel Township, PA|||Production||||||UYde6IbkTDeImGR1|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false