Import / Export Coordinator APPLY NOW
Job Title: Import / Export Coordinator
Department: Business Planning
Reports To: VP of Business Administration
The Import/Export Coordinator manages the entire import and export for the company by ensuring the timely process of purchase orders/ shipping documents and also to ensure that the company is in compliance with all CBP Rules and Regulation. The incumbent will be the main point of contact between Foreign Manufacturers, CBP Officers, Customs Brokers, and Freight Forwarders to ensure sustainability in the company’s supply chain and must exhibit a strong understanding of import and export processes and especially have a clear understanding of the 19 CFR 142 and 149. He/ she should be able to initiate all purchases that will have to be moved in bond into the Free Trade Zone (FTZ)
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Weekly Import Activity Report and BP Weekly Forecast for Products and Parts from IRIS system.
- Submit Weekly Order Approval to senior management and generate PO’s per facility
- Review ISF Data and reconcile it with booking made with the carrier/forwarder at origin.
- Categories items using the HTSUS and advice product development team on duty rates for new items.
- Should be able to complete a Binding Ruling for products with no defined classification in the HTSUS.
- Receives Import documents and start import processing.
- Analyze entry summary and be able to make recommendations for Post Summary Correction’s (PSC)
- Audit freight forwarders/ brokers invoices and dispute if necessary
- Performs cost analysis on transportation expenses and recommends modifications to meet industry “best practice”.
- Manages export shipments for territory of international distributors
- Utilizes specific knowledge of the international transportation logistics market, trends and capabilities to identify areas for cost reductions and saving opportunities
- Monitor the release of new specs and account for the different import parts needed
- Create commercial invoices and packing lists for export shipments
- Create weekly 3461 Estimates and 7501 Invoice and submit to brokers
- Assist different departments with Import and Export needs
- Track shipments and update all parties concern
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year of previous import/ export experience
- Strong knowledge working in Excel
- Importing Products
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and with little supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Activities will involve frequent sitting, using a computer, analyzing huge amounts of data, communicating verbally and in writing. Occasionally incumbent must be able to lift product, office equipment or supplies less than 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment is generally office with low to moderate noise, but may encounter infrequent loud noise during visits to the plant.
|||Surprise, AZ|||Business Planning||||||.zZLT30nD5WauKBe|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false