Category Specialist APPLY NOW
Responsible for managing, sourcing, and increasing a category of products and brands across ecommerce channels at a national level. Work with the Company’s domestic and international teams to deliver new product categories that will optimize the consumer experience and satisfaction.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with Ecommerce Category and Sales teams to drive sales growth and expansion with responsibility of research, identification, and presentation of new product proposals and existing product growth
- Generate new item ideas through Presentations of Competitive Landscape
- Perform data analytics to include sales tracking, ranking, and proper asset allocation of Ecommerce customers
- Manage and monitor webpages daily of Company product and competitors; to include page updates, pricing status and promotions
- Manage and monitor progress of domestic and import organic growth, products, promotions
- Assist the Senior Category Specialist to monitor and update various ecommerce sites, ranking, pricing, sales, promotions, and assets
- Manage purchase orders, inventory, SKUs, pricing updates, and promotions
- Responsible for portfolio of products to include item setup, merchandising, marketing, competitor analysis, pricing and SEO.
- Collaborate and communicate with a variety of internal departments to include sales, cost departments, production, business planning and scheduling, and supply chain
- Assist with monitoring adequate sales forecasting to production planning to meet sales demand
- Conduct market reviews and develop selling strategies for assigned products
- Attend various meetings analyzing and reporting results , market situation, new ideas, action plans, and learned outcomes
- Target strategies to reduce slow and dead moving product
- Perform similar level or nature of duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or equivalent experience in marketing/sales
· One (1) or more years’ experience in merchandising online
· Sales and marketing principles
· Utilization of consumer trend data to formulate strategy
· Consumer goods in plastic storage, small appliances, and similar household consumables
· Overall market conditions in household consumables industries
· Use of computer hardware: keyboard, mouse, monitor, hardrive
· Use of computer software: Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
· Preparation and presenting presentations
· Multi-task and support multiple priorities at one time
· Utilize initiative and motivation to keep progress momentum
· Prepare and present strategic planning presentations and reports to achieve sales plan
· Exhibit effective interpersonal skills
· Practice a positive attitude
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a large variety of audiences both internally and externally
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light work: Activities will involve frequent sitting, using a computer, analyzing large amounts of data, communicating verbally and in writing. Exerting 20-50 pounds frequently, and up to 10 pounds constantly. Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, and hand and eye movement. Move and operate presentation equipment. Travel to and from meetings and various locations inside and outside the building.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is frequently within an office setting with low to moderate noise, LED lighting, and temperature control while working alongside large groups of employees in cubicle spaces. Incumbents will attend various business meetings and events inside and outside of the buildings, and may be required to travel overnight or out-of-town for work. Occasional exposure to the manufacturing and distribution plant consisting of moving mechanical parts or heavy machinery, vibrations, fumes, unpleasant odors, dust, poor ventilation, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, and moderate to loud noise while in the plant or traveling for work. Work during evenings and weekends as needed.