Automation Technician (LOM) APPLY NOW
The Automation Technician directs and coordinates technical automated manufacturing related activities that support the Company’s strategic goals and objectives, including such activities as: automation fixture design, automation fixture repair and maintenance, training molding employees on operation of automation fixtures, coaching employees on automation fixtures, implementing safety features and safety training for automation fixtures.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Meet daily with Facility & Technical Production Manager to establish daily objectives.
- Conduct daily automation inspections
- Maintain a safe work environment and organized facility.
- Monitor automation conditions and perform maintenance duties as required.
- Monitor efficiencies, recommend and take corrective actions as needed.
- Monitor automation equipment efficiencies and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor and maintain P/M stated goal.
- Work with and coach Machine Leads in the area of using automation on a regular basis.
- Work with and coach Techs in the area of using automation on a regular basis.
- Keeps accurate logs of any and all automation repair and modification.
· High School diploma a must, associate’s degree preferred in a technical related field.
· Two to 3 years’ previous experience as a Supervisor or Lead person in the plastic industry.
· 6 months to 1 year robotic automation experience
· Must be able to read blue prints and wiring schematics
· Good oral, written and presentation skills, including documenting a developing good system tools.
· Able to direct, lead and coach small groups of employees.
· Good computer skills. Previous experience with word, excel, access, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.